CYA Krik issues a call for a volunteer for a long term EVS project -11 months, for period of 25th September 2018 – 25th August 2019.
What: European Voluntary Service – EVS (Volunteering project) – Stop Divisions! Reappropriation of European values through Volunteering Service Vol. 2
When: 25th September 2018 – 25th August 2019
Where: Cento, Italy
Host organization: A.S.D. Ferfilò
Ferfilò is a not for profit youth association, operating in the local community of Cento, Emilia Romagna county, Italy. Founded by 4 young friends, since 2009 it has been creating and managing activities connected to the world of children and young people. The name comes from a local expression meaning “to speak to each other, to story tell”. Ferfilo’ has been designing, organizing and managing educational and cultural activities with the aim of creating empowering experiences for a personal and community growth, both at local and European level, fostering the expression of youth creativity and values regarding youth volunteering. Ferfiló’s mission is: “To create new educational points of reference, innovative opportunities to meet and discuss for a common learning and growth through non formal education”.
Activities from the weekly program;
These are the regular activities of the association divided into topic areas:
- A) Labs in schools and summer schools: formal and non formal education: Ferfilò has been running language classes, educational projects for the development of the Eight key competencies for lifelong learning, citizen journalism, media-education and monitoring of social status of local teenagers. Since 2012 Ferfilò has been organizing a preschool and a postschool service for students in two primary schools of Cento. Ferfilò organizes educational workshops and summer camps for children using arts and tecniques such as photo and video with the main idea to empower the personal and social development of every young people through NF education. In 2016 new activities on dropout prevention in high schools.
- B) Active citizenship and participative youth policies forums: During the last four years Ferfilò has been developing in collaboration with local municipalities and through regional funding (Emilia Romagna Region) an active participation process with the aim to involve young people aged 15 to 30 (TAVOLO DEI GIOVANI – YOUTH TABLE) and from 11 to 14 years (CONSIGLIO COMUNALE DELLE RAGAZZE E DEI RAGAZZI DI CENTO – YOUNG COMMUNITY COUNCIL OF CENTO CITY) in order to become active citizens, through the organization of discussion forums on local policies, cultural and artistic events. Ferfiló has been managing and facilitating, through non formal methodologies, active forums at local community level on topics like: legalità, environmental protection, active citizenship, European values.
- C) European E+ Mobility of learners and youth and support to Informagiovani+ Cento on guidance services on European issues: Ferfilò has set as prioritiy the development of E+ programme in Cento sorroundings with local stakeholders and in December 2016 it was appointed by Cento Municipality as supportive youth association with a new daily front-office service run by Ferfilò at Informagiovani premises, open to all youngsters.
The volunteer will take part in:
– Co-designing and implementation of non formal laboratories for children and youngsters;
– Co design and implementation of laboratories with migrants, including intercultural activities, story telling, creative writing, non formal tecniques like OST etc.;
– Support to Informagiovani+ European office with information, guidance, support to youth on European Mobilty, Europass CV and Youthpass. Participation to guidance and dissemination activities in schools,youth centers and E+ project writing.
– Supporting senior educators in school activities: after school activities, laboratories regarding active citizenship and social inclusion, making artistic labs with the aim to develop the 8 key learning competences
– Preparing and conducting activities on Active and European Citizenship for Consiglio dei Ragazzi and Tavolo dei Giovani. The volunteers will be given the possibility to take part in a teamwork activity and will be asked to create new activities starting from their own backgrounds, skills, interests, histories.
The design of innovative activities aims to give to volunteers real and practical chances to be protagonists of the civic and cultural life of Cento, including organization of intercultural events. Ferfilò is willing to offer to the volunteers an opportunity to express youth potential and positive energies in a peer to peer daily activity. All those activities directly ask for developing of personal skills listed in the 8 key competencies foreseen by EU.
Food and accommodation
The apartment for volunteers is located at via Cremonino 42-19, 44042 Cento FE. It’s a seven floor building right in the city center with the volunteers’ apartment on the last floor. There are 2 bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen, bathroom and toilet, a terrace with a nice view and a balcony. Volunteers will have their own bedrooms, and other rooms will be shared.
OLS will be provided to the volunteer for learning Italian and also the volunteer will attend a Italian course.
Application procedure: If you think that this is an opportunity for you and would like to get more active in the activities of Ferfilò for the next 11 months, send us your motivational letter and CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: 30 August.
Participation fee for CYA Krik: 300 MKD
For any additional questions, contact us at email@example.com.